To date, we have brought in over half the fruit from Harvest 2017, 311 Tons. The fruit is lovely yet the crops are very low due to the rain we experienced during set last spring. Interns: We have five…
To date, we have brought in over half the fruit from Harvest 2017, 311 Tons. The fruit is lovely yet the crops are very low due to the rain we experienced during set last spring.
- We have five interns this year plus Ivan every Thursday and Friday. Our interns are Lucas from Argentina, Appolline from France, Shao from China and Camille and Efrain from Healdsburg. Camille is the granddaughter of Howard Allen who planted Allen Ranch Chardonnay. The Rochioli Family farms Allen chardonnay, and it is part of the Rochioli and the Russian River Chardonnay blends. Camille is working in the lab with Will.
- All the Chardonnay is in except from Charles Ranch. The weather at the coast hasn’t been as hot as the rest of the county so it’s ripening slower.
- The Kerner came in at about half the tonnage as last year’s crop (three drums this year compared to the six from 2016).
- All the Sauvignon Blanc is in.
- Rosé from Bucher and Lauderbach is in, and we’re waiting for some from De La Montanya (all RRV vineyards).
- From RRV, all the Pinot Noir is in and Ivan dug out our first dry tank today (Pommard clone PN from Bucher).
- CCSY and the RFB are in and fermenting.
- From Napa, we’ve received 26 tons of CS from Casalina (St. Helena). Last year, we received 60 tons!
- We’re still waiting for PE Cabernet, Lamoreaux CS, CS & ME from Hyde, Merlot from Paras Vineyard,PV, MB, ME & CS from Glendale, and Rodgers Creek Syrah.
- We have 30 barrel fermentations this year so far: all the Lischewski CF and CS, the PV from Pedregal and new this year, CF from the Treehouse Vineyard in Alexander Valley.
- From Lake County, we’ll be receiving CS and Malbec from Brassfield today for our 2017 Claret, North Coast. Petit Verdot from Brassfield will be arriving early next week.
Here’s to a great harvest!