Claire Ramey answers a few questions on the 2016 Harvest and how it compares to others.
This has been another good, solid yet not hectic week of harvest. Since the weather has been mild overall (mid-80° with no extreme spikes), we haven’t had any pressure with picking decisions so the grapes have been trickling in at a manageable pace. “It’s been a very nice harvest,” said Lydia.
Tiedemann on Wine | April 23, 2015
“The time I spent with David Ramey was very enjoyable and informative. I came away with more wine knowledge and a sense of personal satisfaction.”
Carl Tiedemann with David Ramey in the Healdsburg, CA, tasting room at Ramey Wines.
David Ramey is preparing to launch a new wine label, Sidebar Cellars, targeting the younger, more adventurous wine consumer.
*What's Maggie Wining About at Ramey Wine Cellars?*
– Ryan O'Hara of TheFermentedFruit.com visiting Ramey Wine Cellars on October 28, 2014
Here's his review of the experience and of our wine.
– David Greene, Cellarmaster, July 2014
Harvest 2014 is only a month away. We've been busy in the cellar preparing for the arrival of the grapes.
– Paul Smith, Western Sales / Chef, March 27, 2013
On March 27th, Chef Paul lead 15 guys through a wine & food course featuring our wines at Cooking with Class in LaQuinta, CA.
– David Greene, Cellarmaster, March 2014
We have been busy in the cellar for the last few months. Here is the latest.
– George Staikos, National Sales Manager, November 2013
Highlights from the special wine dinner at Ryland Inn featuring California wine maker, Ramey Wine Cellars.
– David Ramey, November 2013
– David Greene, Cellarmaster, September 2013
Although harvest began in earnest on September 2nd, the crazy thing to me is harvesting Napa Valley Bordeaux varietals on September 12th!
– David Greene, Cellarmaster, July 2013
With blending completed, bottling is on the horizon.
– George Staikos, National Sales Manager, June 2013
Two Types of Wine & Food Pairings: Match or Contrast
– David Ramey, January 2013
We are now the proud owners of what has been known as Westside Farms; the sale closed two days after Christmas.
– David Ramey, May 2013
Most wine drinkers attribute too much tannic influence to oak. In terms of oak lactones, vanilla and other aromatic components, oak is clearly evident when it’s overused.
– David Greene, Cellarmaster, March 2013
Although spring is in the air here in Sonoma County, there is always work to be done in our cellars.